A vitamin-laden cupful — kale and lettuce offer vibrant green color as well as bright, fresh flavor. You can vary the fruit — add an apple, pear, or even fresh pineapple. Try tangerines instead of oranges. Purée in the blender for a thick fiber-rich pour or toss into a fruit and vegetable juicer for a smoother drink. The optional ginger offers a tropical, sweet-spicy boost that compliments the mango. You can vary the green as you like — a touch of arugula lends a peppery kick, spinach offers a more delicate texture and deeper green hue.
- 1 cup peeled, cubed mango (fresh or frozen)
- 2 oranges, peel removed (about 1 cup juice)
- 3/4 cold water (or 1/2 cup water and a few ice cubes)
- 6 large lettuce leaves
- 2 large kale leaves
- Juice of one half lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds (for blender version only, optional)
1. Place all ingredients into a juicer or blender. Process until smooth.