Crostini isn’t Greek, but comes from neighboring Italy. However, once you discover the delicious convenience of these toasted bread bites loaded with fabulous flavor, you’ll be dreaming up your own versions inspired by world cuisine.
- Baguette or other crusty artisan bread
- Extra virgin olive oil
- One large garlic clove, cut in half
- 2 cups seeded, peeled, diced cucumber
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped kalamata olives
- ½ cup finely diced feta
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Whisk together ¼ cup olive oil and lemon juice. Add oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Slice baguette into ½ inch thick slices. Place on a baking sheet, brush both sides with olive oil, and bake at 350 degrees until toasted on both sides (turn once). Alternatively grill on a grill pan or gas grill. Remove from oven/grill and cool. Rub one side of each toast with cut garlic clove.
- Combine cucumber, onion, tomatoes and olives in a bowl. Toss with dressing to coat. Add feta and carefully combine.
- Place a large spoonful of topping onto each toast. Serve immediately.