(Makes ½ cup)
This recipe is adapted from Sanjeev Kapoor’s How to Cook Indian, an excellent resource for anyone serious about learning to cook Indian food. Pair with potato samosas (make your own or purchase from an Indian market). Jazz up a sandwich or burger with a dollop.
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2-3 green chiles, stemmed and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Put the cilantro, mint and chiles into a small food processor or blender. Add ¼ cup water (or more depending on desired consistency) and sugar, and process to a smooth paste.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the lemon juice and season with salt to taste.