This lemon-parsley oil is easy to make, flavorful, and adds a certain “zip” to any meal. It would be terrific with Smashed Roasted Potatoes (pictured above). We’ve reduced the garlic and lemon juice slightly from the original version.
This recipe was adapted from Yotam Ottolenghi’s vegetarian cookbook, Plenty, by Tess M and Caroline W—6th graders at The Girls’ Middle School.
Makes about 3/4 to 1 cup
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley (leaves and soft stems)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 to 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place first four ingredients in a food processor and blend until parsley is chopped to fine bits.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.