Peaches and ginger have a natural affinity for each other as showcased in this spicy sweet salsa. We enjoy the sharp, spicy flavor of ginger, and use it liberally. If you prefer a milder flavor, use less ginger.
This salsa is wonderful with tortilla chips, on a taco or as an accompaniment to grilled fish or chicken.
- 4 ripe peaches, diced
- 3 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 jalapeno (or to taste), minced
- Juice of one lime
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-2 Tbsp minced fresh ginger, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in a serving bowl. Mash very lightly to release some juice. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with corn chips or as an accompaniment to grilled meats or fish.