Enjoy this sweet salsa with chips, on a taco or tostada or as an accompaniment for a main course. A mix of melons makes a particularly beautiful show.
Serves 4 to 6 as an appetizer
- 2 cups quarter-inch cubes of melon (cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon or a combination)
- ½ cup quarter-inch cubes, peeled (seeded as needed) cucumber
- ¼ cup finely chopped sweet bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon grated or finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Pinch of salt
- Carefully mix together melon, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, scallions, cilantro, mint and ginger.
- Add lime juice, red pepper flakes and salt to taste.