These delicious, fluffy muffins will have you in awe once you take your first bite. The best part of this recipe is that it is flexible, and you can remove any ingredients (other than the banana mix) to suit your purposes. This is useful for mornings when you want to have something delicious, but don’t have the time to make it from scratch. If you want a really moist muffin, use two bananas but if you want a more “cakey” muffin, use one.
Makes 12 muffins
- 1-2 ripe bananas
- Vegetable or canola oil for greasing pan
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- ¾ cup water
- One box Trader Joe’s Banana Bread Mix
- ¾ cup finely diced strawberries
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place unpeeled banana(s) on a cookie sheet in the middle of the oven. Roast until peel is black and fruit begins to seep out from peel, a bit (about 15 to 20 minutes). Cool and remove from peel.
- Raise oven heat to 425 degrees.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with a light oil coating inside of cups as well as the top surface.
- Lightly beat eggs in a medium bowl. Add cooled butter and water.
- Mash banana(s) until partially mashed in a separate bowl, then add to the egg mixture. Mix until combined.
- Put the baking mix in a large bowl. Fold the banana mixture into the baking mix until completely moistened.
- Fold in strawberries and chocolate.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until muffin tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean