Buttermilk adds tang to this creamy, herb-laced dressing. Vary the herbs as you like —fresh parsley, dill, chervil, basil or cilantro.
(Makes about 1 cup)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, plain yogurt or mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced spring onions or scallions
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (or one tablespoon fresh)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped arugula
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Whisk buttermilk, sour cream (yogurt or mayo), olive oil and vinegar together in a deep bowl.
- .Add onions, garlic, dill, arugula and Parmesan and whisk again. Add salt and pepper to taste. For a smooth dressing, process briefly with an immersion blender. Serve on any leafy greens or as a dip for crudité.